18 April 2013

HASTA LUEGO BARCELONA







I can't believe that I'm writing this post already, but it's true - tomorrow morning I'll be on a flight back to the States, and it's so unbelievable.  While I am extremely glad to see my family and sleep in my own bed and drink a Diet Coke (not a Coca Light), it's going to be weird to not be here in BCN. I've been here since Jan. 6th - I can still remember the awkward introduction to my host family that very first afternoon.  I seen so many cool things, been so many amazing places, and met so many awesome people. I have my own routine here - which metro I take, the places I eat, the stores I shop at.  They warn you about re-entry shock (the opposite of culture shock), so we'll have to see if I experience it at all.  I had an amazingly perfect last day, with a Bo de B sandwiches, all my best friends, sangria on the beach, one last sangria-and-tapas feast for dinner, and one last dance-all-night night out on the town.  Despite the three (three!) suitcases stacked up in the corner and my now-empty room, it still hasn't really hit me yet. All I know is that this has been an amazing experience, and I plan to come back to this city any chance I get.

For now, adios mis amigas, and next time I post it'll be from the good ol' US of A!

 photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment