16 May 2012

ROARING TWENTIES






first four images via here; last two via here.

The 1920's has always been my favorite era. (A flapper is my go-to Halloween costume, of course). I'm drawn in by the glitz and the glam, by the idea Gatsby-esque parties and bathtub gin and short fringed skirts and bright red lipstick.  It seems so fun and glamourous but it's also got that sense of independence and adventure that I love.  So naturally, when I came across both of these editorials in my two favorite magazines, I had to share.  The first is Teen Vogue (yes, it's still a favorite), and if the feathers and velvet aren't enough to draw you in, then perhaps Josh Hutcherson in a bowtie is (major swoon).  And then in Nylon, Victoria Justice literally sparkles.  It's enough to make any girl wish for a time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment