05 September 2012

WEDDING WEDNESDAY


One of my friends is getting married this October.

One of my best friends, actually, who I've known since 2nd grade.  Her family is like my family; we've done Christmas Eve and Easter Brunch and ski trips together forever. We've gone to the same school our entire lives - elementary school, middle, high school, and now college.  Once we got to college, we kind of went our separate ways.  It's a big school, and we got involved in different things.  We would meet up every once and awhile on Grounds to catch up, and we always hung out when we were at home, but things become different.  We weren't as close as before. And now she's getting married.

I'm a junior in college.  She's a junior in college.  Twenty.  Two-zero.  As in, technically not legally allowed to drink champagne at her own wedding reception.  Kind of crazy, huh?  For me, it's less of the fact that she's getting married (the guy is great, and she's always been kind of a homebody), but more of the fact that someone my age is mature and adult and responsible enough to A) make the decision about who they're going to spend the rest of their life with and B) settle down.

Really, it just makes me look at my own life and realize how much I don't have my shit together. As in, I wouldn't even want to marry myself right now.  So it's definitely a weird idea to reconcile.  I will say this: my friend might have her life in order, but when it came down to the actual wedding itself, she had no idea what to do.  I like to think I'm the completely opposite.  The thought of me getting married at this point in my life is absolutely laughable, but if, for some strange reason, the situation were to arise, I would be able to plan my wedding in a heartbeat. (Thank you, Pinterest).

She's getting married on a farm here in Virginia, which I'm sure will be absolutely beautiful.  I can only hope that she'll wear cowboy boots with her dress like this cute couple did.  And even though I'm a hot mess now, hopefully one day (far in the future) I'll pull myself together enough that someone will want to marry me.  And when that happens, I'll already have the whole thing planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment