05 February 2013

THE BEST IMPULSE BUY EVER

You know how sometimes you buy things on impulse - just a spur-of-the-moment, I-have-to-have-this, toss-it-in-the-cart kind of thing?  Usually, that thing that you couldn't live without at the time ends up sitting in the back of your closet for a few years before finally being donated to a thrift shop.  For a while there, I thought that was the fate for these puppies.

They're from Target, which gets me every time with the impulse buys.  Everything is just so cute and colorful and cheap!  I was shopping for things for my apartment last fall when these called my name from the sale rack.  They are absolutely not my style at all - I hardly wear heels, and when I do they're plain and black and tall.  So leopard print wedges? Really?

Well, I fell in love and threw them in my cart and spend the extra $10.  My mom about cried when I showed them to her because she thought they were so hideous, and I've worn them a grand total of two times in the year and a half I've owned them.  Maybe they just weren't meant to be. 

BUT THEN! 

But then I went to Europe. And threw them in my suitcase.  And have literally worn them at least two times a week since I've been here.  When we go out at night here in Barcelona, we wear heels.  And sometimes the black dress + black tights + black coat + black booties thing can become more than a little monotonous.  Solution?  Throw these babies on.  They're comfortable enough to dance in all night, and the leopard adds that little something-something your outfit has been missing.  I've more than gotten my money's worth.

So my advice? Next time you see something cheap and cute and ohmgodyouhavetohaveit? 
Buy it - you'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment