12 March 2013

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS

I had such a wonderful time in Paris this past weekend! It was my first time in the City of Lights, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.  I feel like there was so much hype about Paree that it would be a letdown, but I loved the city!

We stayed in the Hotel Du Crillon, which made me feel like a princess.  I had a big bed and a thick fluffy robe and pretended that I was there for the Ball du Crillon and was wearing a haute couture gown.  Since I had never been before, we hit all the big sights - the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe, etc.  It was gorgeous on Saturday and not-so-much on Sunday, but it worked out.   I ate crepes and frogs' legs and macarons and drank lots of champagne and loved every minute of it.

My only two requests for the weekend were Laduree and Colette.  Laduree was easy enough - there was one right by our hotel, and my Mom and I stood in line for about 20 minutes to get a box, but they were worth it. I then dragged them to Colette, where I felt infinitely uncool.  My Dad felt very out of place.  Luckily, I couldn't feel too out of place because the store was less Parisians-actually-shopping and more people-from-out-of-town-who-were-dying-to-see-it.  Plus, my mom was feeling generous and bought me Carven's new perfume.  It's light and flowery and makes me feel graceful and French - an excellent souvenir, if I do say so!  Paris has definitely been the most fashionable city that I've been in.  Walking down the streets, especially on the Rue Saint-HonorĂ© where all the shops are, was like a fashion show of tall skinny girls in cool outfits.  I felt inadequate.

But it was a fabulous weekend trip and so nice to do it with my parents.  
My new goal in life: become a chic skinny French girl. ( I'll let you know how that one goes.)

louvre + lauduree by me; colette image viacarven le parfum

No comments:

Post a Comment