14 March 2013

LADY IN LEATHER


I've had a leather jacket (okay, fake leather) since about freshman or sophomore year of high school, when my fashionable mother bought it for me at Macy's.  I don't wear it that often at home because it doesn't quite fit with my preppier style, but obviously the game all changed when I came to Europe.  It's been too cold to wear it (I've been rocking either the black peacoat or the Barbour), but now the weather's getting nicer and it's the perfect thing to throw on in the morning or at night.

The only problem? It's molting.  Like, literally - the fake leather coating is peeling off at the seams and leaving behind the gross coarse gray fabric underneath.  It's nasty.  Luckily, I'm not wanting for shops - I knew between Zara, Mango, and H&M I'd find something cute and not too expensive.  So when my parents were here in Barcelona (got to milk that for all it's worth, dudes), my mom and I popped into Mango and came out with this beauty. It's soft and well-made and didn't break the bank, and it's already made its way into my daily outfits.  I'm definitely going to have to incorporate it into my outfits when I get back home as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment