22 May 2013

BOOKMARK

These two books ended up in my library bag during my last trip. I'd already read the first Freakonomics book and loved it, and of course, J.K. Rowling is J.K. Rowling.  Superfreakonomics is just what you'd expect if you've read the first book - filled with interesting observations and studies and ideas that you never would have thought of.  Extremely interesting and awesome dinner table conversation material!  

As for the Casual Vacancy, I'm torn. It was really slow in the beginning - not that much action, and so many characters/relationships that I couldn't keep them straight.  Finally, around the middle it got really good. The plot picked up, I got involved in the characters' lives (and because of all that build-up, felt like I knew them really well).  And then I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. Something you were lead to believe was important didn't end up being that important, and the end of the book felt a bit abrupt to me. Then again, I'm one of those people that likes a lot of closure, so you never know. I definitely recommend Superfreakomics if you like books that like, and if you've got some time on your hands or are a fast reader like me (it's a thick book), pick up the Casual Vacancy and see what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment