18 June 2013

BOOKMARK: SUMMER READING EDITION



I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I really love to read.  I mean, really. As in, when I was a kid, if my brother or I got into trouble, our punishment would be for our mom to take our book away.  At the time, getting a book - especially one where you were just getting to the good part - ripped out of your hands mid-chapter was the absolute worst punishment EVER. It's only now, especially when it comes up in conversation with friends, that I realize how abnormal it is.

While I don't get to read as much as I used to, I'm still probably one of the only college student/PR intern/sorority girls who uses her library card regularly. Whenever I'm home during the summer, I head over and get a big stack of books - that way I always have something to ready by the pool, at the beach, in the backyard, at night when there's no good TV shows on, etc.

Obviously I'm not at home right now, and with work I don't have as much time to read, but I've still got a mile long wish list of books I'd love to crack open some time this summer. It's got a bit of everything -  hot new books, the "next-Harry-Potter/Hunger-Games", girly chick lit for the beach, stories, novels, etc. After all those years of mandatory summer reading of books you hated, it's nice to finally be able to make my own summer reading list - and definitely much more enjoyable to work my way through it!

And if you have any recommendations, comment!

01.  THE BONE SEASON - samantha shannon
02. CRAZY RICH ASIANS - kevin kwan
03. THE SUITORS - cecile david-weill
05. A HUNDRED SUMMERS - beatriz williams
06. THE INTERESTINGS - meg wolitzer
07. ALL THE SUMMER GIRLS - meg donohue
08. WEDDING NIGHT - sophie kinsella
09. THE SILVER STAR - jeannette walls
10. DARE ME - megan abbott
11. THE ENGAGEMENTS - j. courtney sullivan
12. LADIES NIGHT - mary kay andrews
13. THE YONAHLOSSEE RIDING CAMP FOR GIRLS - anton disclafani
14. QUEEN OF THE TURTLE DERBY - julia reed
15. REVENGE WEARS PRADA - lauren weisberger
16. THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE HER - junot diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment